Monday, October 12, 2009

Price Watch

A big complaint today is the price of everything. So, I am always on the look out for healthy foods on Sale. I am a huge fan of Publix because Mr. Bean, the store manager, actually LISTENS to his patrons. I asked him for Fage Greek yogurt and, a week late, my cell phone rings: he had it. I begged for a specific brand of whole wheat pastas. Two weeks later, they had it. So I am extremely loyal to Publix, but I will look for deals at Winn Dixie as well. Here are your Price Watch Deals for today, 10-12-2009:
  • Purdue Chicken Breast Tenderloins-Skinless, boneless and 99% fat free- $2.99 per pound. Limited supply.
  • Boil -in-Bag Success Brown Rice- Buy the family size for $4.29 and there is a $1.00 off coupon for two packs of Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Pasta.
  • Alma's Whole Wheat Angel hair Pasta was on sale for $1.39 for a 16 oz package.
  • Red seedless Grapes are on sale for $1.49 per pound.
  • Red bell peppers are still a little pricey at $2.99 per pond, but it still a savings of about .30-.40 cents a pound and they looked good.
  • Greek Yogurt. I am a huge fan of Fage's Greek yogurt, which is $4.39, but right now the CHOBANI brand is on sale for $2.89. The taste is similar.
  • HEALTHY CHEAT MEAL ALERT: Boboli 100% Wheat Pizza Crusts are buy 1 get 1 free and there are two in a pack. I got the 8" Crusts , 2 packages (total of 4 crusts) for $4.39.
  • Eat Smart Fresh Veggies are on sale for only $1.00 a 12-oz bag.
  • SmartWater's 33.8 fl oz bottles are on sale for $1.00

Yours in health, fitness, and wellness,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment