Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't Fall Victim to the Drama

 I must repost t his for you. You know who you are!



(THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY SISTER: We have accomplished too much and gone too far. We have struggled too much and pushed too hard. "I am too Positive to be Doubtful, too Optimistic to be Fearful and too Determined to be Defeated!" GIVE 'EM HELL SIS!) If the shoe fits.....

Small town Drama. Who can avoid it? I, myself, feel a certain sense of accomplishment when I hear new and interesting facts about me that I never knew before. I have done things, said things, and been places that I have no recollection of.: "I said WHAT?" " I was WHERE?" "I slept with WHO?" "She didn't acheive her goal because I did WHAT?" Alas, I have become the victim of the small minded, miserable, lonely, pathetic, GOSSIPER (insert Twilight Zone music here)! I know of what I speak because I have BEEN this person and I have VOWED to not fall into this category of people EVER again.

I tell people all the time that I am a "work in progress". And I am. I have been this person. And when I look back on it, it makes me sad to know that I have the potential of falling into this group of people.

I have learned, the hard way, that gossipers/trash-talkers are the most cunning, conniving, hateful individuals. They pull you into there deceitful web under the shroud of friendship. They are manipulators. They watch and decide who you like and dislike, who you are in competition with. They use this information and quickly attempt to stir the pot. BUT BUYER BEWARE! You had better believe that if they are gossipping TO you, they are gossipping ABOUT you. Gossipers are a specific type of human: while usually a woman, it can also be a man. They tend to be unhappy in their lives and are clearly lacking in self esteem and confidence. They are people who tend to blame their problems on others, THEY are NEVER the blame for their problems. It's always someone else's fault that: there lives are empty; they can't lose weight; they lost their job; they can't do this or that. Here's my advice to you: AVOID THESE PEOPLE AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. They suck the life outta you. These people will never truly succeed at anything, because they will always be lonely miserable.

Gossipers, listen up: you are the weakest link....good bye! :-)

So what do you do when you are a victim of gossip? Karen's rule 1-Do not be afraid of confrontation. Call em out. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Sometimes, it is absolutely appropriate and necessary. Karen's rule 2- Sometimes, rule 1 is not appropriate. Perhaps you are a Independent contracted business owner, such as myself, and the person is a client or former client of yours, or another Independent contractor. Confrontation on gossip and trash talk will only bring you down to their level. I've been here before and was almost there again today. But I have learned from my previous confrontation that it is simply not a good idea in a public setting. Therefore, Karen's rule 3 applies- Show rather than tell. That is, show people who you really are and in time, guess what? That person who is talking trash and gossipping about you, will soon be doing the same to the people she or he are talking to. Eventually people show their true faces. And you would have had to do nothing.

Surround yourself with people who are positive and bring joy into your life. Don't waste your time on these negative, energy sucking people. KEEP going. KEEP pushing. You have goals and aspirations. Go for em. And anyone who can't get on board with that, or are pulling you down? Cut em off. Hold your head high because if people are NOT talking about you, then you are doing something wrong!

Now this is simply this bloggers opinion. As a people we should uplift each other, support each other, motivate each other. Not tear each other down, looking for the fault in others. Because, while you are looking for the fault of others, you have showed a fault of your own.

Until next time,

Yours in Health, wellness and Fitness

Karen Williams-deCastro

“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." Oscar Wilde

“Who gossips with you will gossip of you" Irish Sayings

“If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z, with X being work, Y play, and Z keeping your mouth shut." Albert Einstein

“A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much" The bible

"What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth." Jewish Proverbs

"“He gossips habitually; he lacks the common wisdom to keep still that deadly enemy of man, his own tongue” Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, woman...you blow my mind! What a great thing to read over my cup of coffee this morning. You are a gift to everyine that knows you and the fact that you are surviving in the black hole of gossip(better known as the "Fabulous Florida Keys") just proves your strenght and resilliance. That was so beautifully written and I think it would be a great public service to the offenders and victims in the upper Keys for it to bo published in The Reporter. BRAVO SISTER! Send THAT through the coconut telegraph and see how they like it! -signed Kendall Jensen...long-time friend and former aspiring cosmetologist ;)

    ReplyDelete